Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today, I had quite the test of patience. I had an audition at noon in the Lower East Side, before which I set to complete some errands nearby. I planned my itinerary down to the minute, taking down directions from each destination to the next. I was way ahead of schedule when I started to go to my audition, which I try to be at 30 in advance. However I got so lost I walked in the wrong direction for 35 minutes, had to a take the subway back in the other direction, and arrived at my audition 5 minutes before my appointment. God was testing my patience today and I definitely failed, repenting a couple times throughout the wandering. I thought to myself "why does God need to test my patience so many times a week?!" Well it wasn't too long after I realized the answer: "...because you still need to get better at it." The audition ended up going very well, and I rejoiced -- not just because of that, but because I was reminded that no matter how much I try to plan and prepare, I still can't control my future. It's not that I lost control, it's that I never had the control to begin with! PTL. - Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment