Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Today was a tiring day. By noon as I sat having lunch with my mom, I told her I was ready to go home & go back to bed. I was just worn out.

I contemplated skipping my practice at church, but decided against it. Each week our Praise & Worship team gets together to practice & just hang out for a couple of hours, and when I finally got there, I was glad I didn't bail. As soon as I walked in the church I saw several familiar friendly faces, and I felt, as I always do, right at home, and refreshed from my tiring day.

Our church experiences a unity in the Spirit I've not experienced in other relationships in the time I've walked with Jesus. It's incredible. There's a real maturity, and peace, in the friendships that have formed there. Not that we don't know how to have fun - we do. We have several resident clows & comedians that love to keep things off balance, which is great, because the last thing anyone there wants is religiousity. But we also take care of each other & aren't afraid to ask tough questions if something seems amiss in someones life. It's literally like a healthy, whole family. Sure, there's issues, but we deal with them & then celebrate our closeness once again. I love my church family - they are a vital part of my life & bring completion & happiness to me in many ways. God bless them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment